Home Sleep Test
A Home Sleep Study Test
(HST) is a sleep study that looks for Sleep Apnea by recording of a few
important body functions and measurements in the comfort of your own
During sleep testing, these body functions are monitored using several devices, including:
- Flexible elastic belts are placed around your chest and abdomen to monitor your breathing efforts.
- A soft plastic cannula placed in your nostrils monitors airflow.
- A clip is placed on your index finger to monitor the level of oxygen in your blood and your heart rate.
Preparing for the Test
You will need to come to the sleep center to pick up the recording device and to receive instructions.
On the Day of your Study
- Do not eat or drink caffeinated products (coffee, tea, chocolate, soda) past noon.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid use of excessive hair styling products (hairspray, gel, etc), makeup and body creams.
- Unless told otherwise, take all prescription medications as instructed by your physician.
What to Bring When Picking Up the Device
- Physician orders
- Insurance card
- Step-by-step, color coded instructions are located inside of the carrying case.