Gastroesophageal Reflux and Aspiration Study
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke anything from 8 p.m. on the evening before the exam.
- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is.
Bring with you when you come for your test:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the test.
On the day of the test:
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital and to the Radiology Services registration desk, down the hallway to the right.
- Plan to be at the hospital for one and half hours.
During the exam:
- You will be given a substance to drink and then placed on a table for imaging.
For more information on nuclear medicine, visit http://healthlibrary.mongeneral.com/Search/85,P01290
Or call the Mon General Nuclear Medicine Department at (304) 598-1280.