Ultrasound Kidneys and Bladder
- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is.
Bring with you to the hospital:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the exam.
On the day of your exam:
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- You may eat before this exam. You also should drink, and do not empty your bladder before the exam.
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital and go to the Radiology Services registration desk, down the hallway to the right of the lobby.
- Plan to be at the hospital for approximately one hour.
During your exam:
- You will lie flat on a table, and the technologist will place a cool gel on the area being studied, then will obtain images.
After your exam:
- To receive the results of your ultrasound, contact your physician who ordered the exam. Your technologist cannot give you any results.
For more information, call the Mon General Ultrasound Department at (304) 598-1280.