- Do not eat, drink, or smoke anything for at least six hours before the exam. You may take any regular medications with a sip of water.
- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is.
Bring with you to the hospital:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the exam.
On the day of your exam:
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital and go to the Radiology Services registration desk, down the hallway to the right of the main lobby.
- Plan to be at the hospital for approximately one hour.
During your exam:
- You will lie flat on your back on a table, and the technologist will place a cool gel on your abdomen, then will obtain images.
After your exam:
- To receive the results of your ultrasound, contact your physician who ordered the exam. Your technologist cannot give you any results.
For more information, call the Mon General Ultrasound Department at (304) 598-1280