- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is.
Bring with you to the hospital when you come for your test:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the test.
On the day of the test:
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital, then down the hallway to the Radiology Services registration desk.
- Plan to be at the hospital for approximately three hours.
During the test:
- You will have an IV started and an imaging agent injected into it. Imaging will begin 10 to 15 minutes later.
- A large camera will be placed over your neck and chest area. Four images will be taken with you lying on your back. Each image takes about 10 minutes.
- After waiting one to two hours, four more images will be taken for comparison.
For more information on nuclear medicine, visit http://healthlibrary.mongeneral.com/Search/85,P01290
Or call the Mon General Nuclear Medicine Department at (304) 598-1280.