Liver Spleen Imaging
- You may not have barium within 48 hours before this exam.
- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is.
Bring with you when you come for your test:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the test.
On the day of the test:
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital, then down the hallway to the Radiology Services registration desk.
- Plan to be at the hospital for at least two hours.
During the test:
- After receiving an injection, you will lie on your back on the table while images are obtained.
For more information on nuclear medicine, visit http://healthlibrary.mongeneral.com/Search/85,P01290
Or call the Mon General Nuclear Medicine Department at (304) 598-1280.