- Depending on your history, you may need to have bowel prep prior to this procedure. Your doctor who ordered the test needs to communicate with the radiologist at the hospital to determine this.
- If you need it, your doctor will instruct you on the prep, normally done the day before the exam.
- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is.
Bring with you to the hospital when you come for your test:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the test.
On the day of the test:
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital and to the Radiology Services registration desk, down the hallway to the right.
During the exam:
- This exam takes three days. You will spend approximately two hours at the hospital on the first day and 30 minutes per day on the second and third days.
- After registration on the first day, you will have an IV started, then lie on a table for imaging.
- You will return as instructed on the second and third days for additional imaging.
For more information on nuclear medicine, visit http://healthlibrary.mongeneral.com/Search/85,P01290
Or call the Mon General Nuclear Medicine Department at (304) 598-1280.