- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is.
Bring with you when you come for your test:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the test.
On the day of the test:
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital and to the Radiology Services registration desk, down the hallway to the right.
- After checking in, you will be taken to the Nuclear Medicine Department to receive an injection for this exam and instructed to return to the hospital two to four hours after the injection for images to be obtained. (Some exams require images to be obtained immediately after the injection.)
- You will be encouraged to drink water while you are waiting, and you may eat.
- When you return to the hospital for the imaging portion of this exam, you will check in at the Radiology Registration desk again.
- The imaging portion of this exam takes approximately 30 minutes to one hour.
For more information on nuclear medicine, visit http://healthlibrary.mongeneral.com/Search/85,P01290
Or call the Mon General Nuclear Medicine Department at (304) 598-1280.