Awards and Recognition
Mon Health Medical Center health professionals make us proud every day. Their skill, caring, and dedication have been recognized by many others as well.
In 2015, for the second year in a row, we received the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award and Outstanding Patient Experience Award
. Only two percent of all hospitals in the nation receive both awards each year, and Mon General is the only hospital in West Virginia that has received both. Mon General has been the recipient of the Healthgrades awards in many past years as well.
Some other recent awards and recognitions we have earned:
- Comprehensive Community Cancer Program accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia.
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
- “Get With The Guidelines-Resuscitation” Gold Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association.
- Designated as a Lung Cancer Screening Center by the American College of Radiology.
- Named one of “100 Hospitals With Great Women’s Health Programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
- Named among “125 Hospitals and Health Systems With Great Orthopedic Programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
- “Always Ready for Kids” recognition from the West Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services.
Visit our Quality and Safety page to see how Mon Health Medical Center compares to other hospitals around the state and across the nation.